View Single Post

Old 03-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetijs View Post
Hi Mbrownn,
to be honest I don't understand what you are proposing, a better drawing would be helpful.
Jetijs
The drawing is for my two pole design. (Sorry about the quality, my 10 year old laptop isnít powerful enough to run CAD)

Red = North
Blue = South

We take the stator, remove two opposite poles and then machine a slit in the case at this location. The other two opposite poles are connected NS NS, in a regenerative model these will be bifiler wound to facilitate recovery feeding back to the source.

Two C magnets are then placed across the slits observing the polarity shown.

The rotor is wound with non-interconecting coils but otherwise normally. Sort of a star configuration.

The brushes will be set up so that the on time will occur, timed as shown in the drawing. These brushes will also switch the stator coils on as the motor will be wired as a universal motor. The brushes will not be 180 degrees apart but slightly less than this and adjusted to give the required pulse time at the optimum speed.

The comutator will have unused segments between each coil so as to provide an off time.

This is the basic motor setup. It is not imperative for the motor to be in overunity as far as speed and torque are concerned as there will, I believe, also be gains in the recovery and generation.

In recovery of the input, using bifilar coils on the stator poles, I believe there may be increased potential due to the increased flux provided by the magnets although I have never tested this. Recovery may also be possible to some extent from the rotor by connecting a second set of brushes to the adjacent rotor winding.

In the generation, I am still a little confused, I see it as the backEMF/Recovery spike will be in the same direction as the generation in the rotor coil so will assist generation but I may be wrong there. Again I believe that the potential in the generation will be increased due to the extra flux provided by the magnets.

I believe that the parallel path motor is half of a Lockridge device, the other half being the rotor windings and recovery system.

I hope you understand my explanation and also hope you can help me with understanding the things I am having trouble getting my head round.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lockpp2.JPG (89.9 KB, 127 views)