View Single Post

Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM

Jetijs. I really appreciate the effort of patiently explaining details that for you are too obvious.

How do you get a non oxygen environment?

I would like to know in detail the dimensions.

Could you tell me (please think in a 2kW macihne so I guess it would be 1/3 high) the height and diameter of the external tank.

The internal diameter of the white inner rings? What are the dimension of the bricks?
Could you tell us the dimensions of the internal cage?

Can you show us the holes and bolts (or whatever you use) for the thermocouple and for the coils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetijs View Post
There is a metal cage in the barrel that keeps the reactor container apart from the bricks and coils. You just slide the reactor container in, bolt the lid on and connect the condensing reservoirs and off you go.

What is the material between the whilte ring and the external tank? Do you use it also in the bottom of the tank?

The cage you have showed us it doesn't have solid walls so the plastic will fall down to the bottom of the tank. How do you keep then the reactor container apart from the bricks and coils?

Quote:
The pipe from the lid goes through three condensing containers
Can you show us the inside of the condensing containers?

Quote:
you should get already shredded plastic from recycling companies very cheap
This is going to sound silly but could you show us a pic of the shredded plastic so I have a good idea when I try to buy it?

Quote:
The reactor chamber is made out of an old 50 liter steel propane tank, we cut the upper part open and welded on an assembly so that the lid can be bolted on. The flat ring on that the lid is bolted on has a conical groove in it and the lid has an apropriate wedge machined on that matches that groove. The conical shape of these things elliminates the need of a seal, you just bolt the lid on and it will be airtight.
Do you mean the external tank is a 50 liter one?
What are the dimensions of both grooves? How do you make them?
Could you please, show us more photos of the upper lid?

I would like to replicate first this machine and then when you have the one burning the fule to heat the plastic I would like to replicate it also.

Thank you very much for your help.

This project sounds really interesting. What a shame that the Japanese sell them so expensive. There is a market for cheaper ones.

(talking about Japanese it reminds me of a Pink Floyd song: YouTube - Pink Floyd Final Cut (12) - Not Now John )