View Single Post

Old 12-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippered View Post
Indeed nice work, I am having fun with my kit also but last weekend I brought it with me to show some people and one neon bulb bent a little and touched a tranistor during transport so when I fired it up for the demo I smoked it

Regardless I have some new parts on the way and will make it a little more portable this time

I noticed you have what looks like metal bent over the back of your drive coils. Does that help the strength of the magnetic field? Are the extra transistors just added in paralell to allow for more current to the coils when firing?
Hey kippered,
sorry to hear about your Neon situation. there's always a learning curve, eh - been there done that. we left the neons off and are living life on the edge. one wrong connection and it's see you latter "all 24 transistors".
each of the 3 coils (not gen coil) is a 9 filer. we only used 8 out of the 9 -- x 3 that makes 24 transistors.
we ran out of the welding rods. that bent metal thing was from another experiment we were doing, the welding rods are welded on
we'll have to order some more....

@ Jeff
Thanks