View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armagdn03 View Post
@ Mario,

There will always be loss whenever a cap is discharged into another cap, this is not my argument.

My arguement is that action and reaction are separated by time with my setup, so that they may both be used.

step 1. Rise the energy state of the system. Work is accomplished. Work input = work output.

Step 2) let the system free, and let it return to its own equilibrium. again work is accomplished.

note: The energy of my system is exactly the same when the process is completed as when it started. If you start with X volts and Y joules, you end with X volts and Y joules.

When the capacitor switching system completes one cycle, it is at a lower energy state than it began, that is a large clue as to how these are very different systems.

You are correct. What applies to yours, does not apply to mine and vice versa. I wanted to work on what you proposed anyways because it is similar, but I could not pin point why charge went missing for a bit. Once I did you can see that I posted that they were not the same, and the same maths, analysis can not be used. As for theory, one theory should describe everything, but different things will have different explanations!

Your method allows a nullification of charge, mine does not, therefore they are fundamentally different.
Why not do the twin variable cap setup and loose nothing except for the losses in the small traces that are linking the caps. Have two caps as tanks and use the variable caps to slosh the bucket so to say and generate from the side to side motion you create with the variable caps. It would be like a 10 foot bucket with a small radius. Only variate a small portion on the top. If the caps were of a higher quality I bet you would loose little from the process. You could even design a way to make the variable cap better as well by vacuum or oil filled methods. With the oil filled the best in dielectric strength but slower to turn.