View Single Post

Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Meanwhile, using the existing Imhotep circuit, I successfully topped off the charge of a small SLA battery that been failing earlier to charge past about 10.5V using only a 12 volt battery for the source.
Congratulation .

Quote:
The limitations I have experienced, do illustrate that the radiant energy effect does not magically cancel out the need for an adequately sized source battery to match the one being charged.
You meant capacity or voltage? Because we are able to charge 12V battery with 3V source with radiant method.

I have two way to charge a battery

- the top is for conditioning (almost never do that because the bottom one also do it)
- the bottom for everyday charging

Quote:
Sparks and heat: I also wanted to stress that my relay still feels absolutely cool to the touch even after days of continuous running. Here it is running in test mode, disconnected from the charge battery and lighting up the neon bulb:
That is weird, what is the current consumption?

Quote:
I've been thinking about this. If you don't use the relay coil spike, shouldn't it be dealt with by putting a protection diode across like this:

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/images/diopro.gif
Yes, that is the way to save transistor. But I don't think we need that. Putting a diode like that kill the radiant and waste them.

More importantly, it force the coil to draw more power. Notice that the coil consumption will at least double if you do that. Current consumption on a radiant circuit will usually increase if you utilize or diode short the radiant part. My stingo do not but self oscillation terminate instead.

Quote:
I came across some images of yours that also seem relevant to our discussion. Can you tell where to find your original thread describing them?
Here
http://www.energeticforum.com/40036-post2096.html

still learning at that time, still wondering now, but I believe that is the flow.