View Single Post

Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
Yes, I see what you’re saying now, the second circuit powers the ignition coil from the normally open connection, instead of the normally closed one.

Wouldn’t that second circuit produce two alternately timed spikes?
Yes, I would only collect the spike from the car coil.

Quote:
I now think the induction coil I was originally control testing against the ignition coil, is shorting out. I just swapped it for smaller induction coil, which I know works, and the circuit runs normally. It’s hard to observe any performance boost, however. In, fact when the charge battery is disconnected, in neon only test mode, the light dims when I add the coil.
Mine jammed before I observe the charging effect. I would not dare to test it on battery with such spark though ...

Quote:
Connecting my ignition coil still prevents the circuit from working. It’s a really cheapo UC-12T, but should work.
Mine is $0.3 one. You can tighten or loosen the spring to make it self oscillate in case you use first version.

Quote:
BTW, I just want to confirm - you are not connecting the HV of the ignition coil secondary to anything, just the two normal + and – terminals, right?
I connect it CFL too. I also use transformer too, turn down your volume:
YouTube - Neon driver using Imhotep circuit, 90mA !

Quote:
The only difference I see in your first circuit from mine, besides leaving out the neon and switch, is that you connect the negative power coming in from the source battery to 30 on the relay.
I keep changing the wiring that my actual circuit may be different from picture , as long as it works it is fine.

You don't need to concern car coil polarity if you don't run it for days. If it is, make sure it is the common leg that connect to battery positive.

Quote:
I’ve been working on a 555 pulser circuit myself. Can you share a schematic?
I keep busting 555 that I prefer this circuit now, ignore the bottom diode:

or this:

Quote:
Do you mean it controls the actual on time duration? Or are you talking about frequency of oscillation?
On time will affect frequency. The off time is always brief.

Last edited by sucahyo; 08-16-2010 at 09:02 AM.