View Single Post

Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Hi folks, I thought this other quote from Garry Stanley makes it much clearer as to some of his thoughts about his pulse motor.
Quote:
I try to avoid metal of any sort in my motors so I haven't tried much, when I
did try cores in this, there was not enough power from the coils to move the
rotor away from the pull of the magnets to the cores. The non Lenz part of this is non induction which means there isn't a pre-existing counter voltage when the power is turned on for the pulse and this means only the instant induction is there to flow against the input pulse, the anti Lenz part of it is that the thin coils mean the magnets are in a proximity to each other that allows them to pull together, this moves the centre of the flux of each magnet in, through the coil and reduces external flux fields on the
outside of the rotor, effectively causing compression around the coil without having induced a counter force in the coil.
At the moment of applied power the grip between the magnets is interrupted by the coils and this causes the flux to move away from between the coils, back to its natural state in each magnet, this appears to the coil the same as if the magnet was actually moving away from it not toward it and so for a brief instant the coil creates power in the same direction as the input power and adds to the input rather than subtracts from it as a normal motor would do. This is the anti Lenz part of the cycle not the removal of induced current that everyone has understood and renamed non Lenz.
Simple science, action / reaction, once you understand how the components
function its easy enough to see where the extra power comes from.

Garry Stanley
peace love light
Tyson