View Single Post

Old 06-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Silver Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Bit's-n-Bytes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
But a while back you made a video with the transformer(8 -10 pages ago). Is that the same thing you just gave a schematic for or was the transformer the load, period with no driving device.

I gotta step up my output from 13.6 volt AC (unrectified switch output) to somewhere around 17 volt unrectified. SO I am wondering If I need to use a transformer with a driver, or is it possible to just drive the transformer with the switch.

I'll probably have to build it or buy some big thing to actually make it work.

My only other option is to step up the whole switch to 24 volt again and knock down the voltage by using a large high loss diodes in the rectifier. Use 12 diodes in series instead of 4 singles for a rectifier.

The inverter I have drops the potential at the bridge rectifier down sa far that my switching times have to stay short. I can run the entire switch at real high speed but the problem is even worse. And the long runs seem to be more conservative.

I hope you follow what I am saying.

Matt
Ah, I remember now. I used the transformer as a load for the TS and was able to get a fair amount of voltage out of it. I had to run my TS at a higher freq. as well, so this may not work for you. Here is my vid;

YouTube - D-TS & Transformer.MPG

The inverter I just posted works real well, and with another transformer (not the one in the parts list, but the one shown in the vid) I am able to get 6, 15, 28, 44V AC depending what windings I hook up. Not knowing your setup, I would use this inverter in conjunction with the TS. It can be hooked up to 12 V, AC or DC.

Thanks

Jeff